U.S. News & World Report recently ranked Kingston Elementary and Old Donation School as the No. 1 elementary and middle schools in Virginia. Old Donation School, which has students in grades two through eight and is the home of the Edward E. Brickell Academy for Advanced Academics & Arts, was also ranked as the No. 2 elementary school in the state.
How to Apply
The steps to apply are below. You must be in the 10th or 11th grade to apply.
- Discuss the Technical and Career Education Center (Tech Center) courses and opportunities with families.
- Review academic and career plans with school counselors to ensure Tech Center courses fit the diploma plan for on-time graduation.
- Click the button below for the Tech Center online application. Please ensure you click SUBMIT, or the application will not be complete. If you have any issues with the application, please send an email to the Tech Center School counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the student prefers a paper application, visit the school counseling office in all VBCPS high schools to pick up and complete an application or download a fillable pdf application. Pick a primary and a secondary course. Please write a detailed essay for the reason the student desires placement in a Tech Center course describing why the student is interested in the course(s), how the student plans to use the knowledge and skills obtained at the Tech Center in the future, and details about prior experiences related to the desired course(s) of study. Submit the completed paper application to the home high school counseling office. The initial application deadline is 2/15/2024. Applications will be accepted after 2/15/2024 on a case by case basis.
- Attend Tech Center Open House 2/7/2024 @ 6:00PM. Attendance at open house is not an application requirement, but it is highly encouraged. Virtual or face to face is to be determined.
- Students accepted into Tech Center courses and students placed on the waiting list will be notified via the home high school counselor in the first week of March by meeting with the home high school counselor. At this time, accepted students must accept or decline their positions in class and change their 2024-2025 course schedules to reflect placement in their Tech Center course.
If there are any questions or concerns, please email Robert Marlin, or make contact by phone at 757-648-5850.